Are You Still Lucky?
If you or someone in your family is a member of 2020 graduating class then it might be hard to think of yourself as being lucky. There are many parents and friends, however, who are putting in some extra efforts to make sure that these, too, are special times. In fact, if you look in all of the right places, you may find that you are STILL LUCKY in even these most challenging times.
- Staying positive when so many of the traditions that you love have been cancelled can be a challenge, but it is important to still spend time looking for the very best of every situation.
- Taking the time to realize that there are still glimmers, and sometimes even bright bursts, of goodness in a time that would otherwise seem too negative can help you start each day with a positive attitude.
- Instead of focusing on the negative, it is important to make sure that you also look for the things that are still going well in your life. No one wants to get stuck in the mire of only focusing on what is wrong in life.
- Loving the fact that you get to spend more time with your family as the entire world slows itself down is just one of the many advantage that many graduating seniors are realizing. Heading off to college will happen eventually, for now, cherish these last few weeks, and maybe months, of spending time with your family.
- Little moments out in nature are sometimes the greatest gift in a time when the world is operating on a much slower pace.
- Living your best life will always involve the ability focus on the positive, rather than focusing on the things that you are missing.
- Unusual in a time when we have calendars filled to the brim, many families are realizing that these are times when we can all focus on the activities like reading, knitting, and biking that many people otherwise do not take time for.
- Cool, cool mornings and evenings drinking an extra cup of coffee on the deck and front porch are just a couple of ways that you can force yourself to feel relaxed and lucky in even the most challenging of times.
- Keeping your eye out for positives like time to have a long conversation with a friend you have not spoken to in a long time can help you find the energy to get through the most challenging times.
- You are in charge of the attitude that you take into every day. A positive, feel lucky attitude will often be the one that produces your next great day!
In a tie of cancelled graduations and postponed weddings, it is easy to focus on all of the things that people are missing out on. Fortunately, even during these most stressful of days it is important to note that there are still many scientists and researchers who are forging a path forward that requires more than luck. And while most of us may thing of doctors and medical researchers during these months of Covid-19, it is important to note that there is still important research going on in other fields as well. From the discovery of new synthetic lubricants to the expanded use of oil solutions that will speed the production of necessary plastic safety shields, there is an entire industry that is working. Industrial lubricants, specialty lubricants, and various other kinds of oil solutions help not only in the production of necessary safety devices and materials, but also in the metalworking that is needed to create more safe spaces for workers and students alike to function. In fact, wholesale industrial supplies and oil solutions engineers are always working behind the scenes even when their discoveries and advancements are not heralded by the general public.
Did you know, for instance, that metalworking lubricants, coolants, fluids, and a wide option of oil solutions play a vital role in machining? Typically, a substantial flow of fluids is used in the metal removal process, between four and 20 liters a minute. This information means that even when the nation is certain they need doctors more than anything, there are also many needs for other kinds of scientists and engineers too.